Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Elie Saab - Couture Week

February 03, 2017



Hello everyone and welcome to a fashion inspired post. It has been a while since I have written a post like this, and recently as I was following Paris Couture Week I realised that I should share my thoughts with my fellow readers. 


On to all things Couture, 

If you don't already know I am a big fan of Elie Saab, he is one of those designers that can portray not only a story with his designs but they simply flow really nice together. This couture week really lacked freshness and the wow factor, but when I saw Elie Saab's collection hit the internet and I was left mesmerised and inspired.


He is definitely the designer who won couture week for me, and his gowns were not only amazing but each of them had a tale to tell! It is very hard as a designer to consistently please his audience with collection after collection but I feel Elie Saab truly knows what he wants to portray and we see this in every collection!


Lets talk colours, so in this couture collection, he has gone for stone, sandy, a bit of nude, fresh light blues. It's very subtle and light colours apart from the royal blue of course. The colours reflect a Egyptian kind of vibe which is what he is going for! 


Now onto the designs, his attention to detail is one thing that never disappoints me, his signature embellishment and adding hints of sparkle to each dress is what makes him like no other designer. The dresses range from many different styles, from high necklines to strapless, from halter necks to long sleeves, from long gowns to thigh high slits etc. He has thought about everything and included distinct pieces that anyone can wear.


What I love is the variety of fabrics and designs that are reflected in this collection there is so much versatility, it's as if you have been transported to a time where Egypt was mixed with Arabian culture and I am left inspired by each and every piece he has created.


I have selected a number of his pieces that I felt left me mesmerised by the beauty in this collection




Feel free to leave a comment about your thoughts on Couture week.

For more things fashion or style or to stay updated on future posts then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while you're there, I would really appreciate it :)


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS