Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

London Fashion Week AW16 - McQueen and Macdonald

May 12, 2016


Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are well. Yes I am finally back. It feels so long since I have written a post. As I said in my previous post I will be continuing with the fashion weeks and I have some exciting ones planned, so watch this space!

So let's talk all things London Fashion Week.....
London Fashion Week (LFW)  had a lot of impact on various social media and their were many designers who made an statement in this fashion week. For me I didn't really see many designers stand out or catch my eye in my taste of fashion BUT their were two designers that totally out did themselves in London! It was two designers who begin with the letter M!

Alexander McQueen

Starting with Alexander McQueen, he is no stranger to my blog! For those who follow my blog will know that my March designer of the month was Alexander McQueen. I short-listed 4 outfits that I really liked at LFW. Now Sarah Burton out did herself in this collection, there was like a fairytale dream theme to it. 

Each outfit has a hint of sparkle or a free flow of fabric in it. The features I love from the blush pink dress firstly is the colour. it is really light and delicate and will really pop in the winter time. I love the lace detail, it gives a feminine vibe to the dress and the pleating coming through the skirt is something I am loving right now. 

The black dress on the other hand is really edgy which I love, the leather front and the velvet sleeves is something I would love to invest in and I feel high street shops will look to interpret this in the upcoming season. The tulle skirt is a fabric you never thought could go with leather but it looks amazing and Sarah has the right idea!

The last two dresses are very similar in the way they have been designed, they are long in length and the the skirt is sheer styled. There is a lot of shimmer and boldness going through it which I really like!

Julien Macdonald

Moving onto Julien Macdonald I have short listed 3 outfits which I thought brought something different and unique. You can definitely say that this designer knows how to make a WOW moment come alive. Firstly I love the vibrant red colour from the first dress and it has a type of ladder style running through the middle of the dress. This is deficiently something I have not seen before and I feel this trend will be revamped in many ways in the upcoming season!

The second dress, has a ladder style which I think is a type of crochet. It's a really effective technique that blends well with these designs. I feel velvet is a fabric everyone should own and will be perfect for the colder season, I just love the two piece. Black has never looked so good!

The last dress has got me lost for words its simply WOW. From the design to the embroidery and little details, you can see the drama it possesses! It's definitely a striking piece!


Thank you for reading my post, I hope you enjoyed what I talked about!

If you did please hit that like button and leave a comment on your favourite dress!
Here are some similar posts you may be interested in,

NYFW Fall 2016/17 #1 : Starting with Two Designers
NYFW Fall 2016/17 #2 : Marchesa & Oscar De La Renta
SS16 : Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab
Paris Couture Week 2016 - What You Need To Know
Paris Couture Week 2016 - Armani Prive and Stephanie Rolland

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to find out the next fashion week post then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS