Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Valentino February #3 Book & Film Review

February 16, 2016


Hello my lovelies, I hope you are well. So as I mentioned last week I am going to be talking about the sources I have used in this month's designer of the month to assist me in gathering knowledge to write these posts. When this post comes along I come to the realisation that the Valentino February is coming to an end. The month has gone so fast!

On to all things Valentino .....

The sources I used this month was a book and a film.

Vogue on: Valentino Garavani (Vogue on Designers) - £14.88

If you have been following the Designer of the month series then you know I have really liked using the Vogue on Designers books because I feel they really capture the essence of the information you need to start off with. The Valentino Garavani one is really good, there are more images of the dresses he designs. There is alot of good information about his career I found very intriguing and useful when creating the posts for this month. 

If you were not much of a Valentino fan before then after this book I think you will be, not only does it capture him as a designer, it captures him as a person which is really amazing!

Valentino: The Last Emperor [DVD] - £9.96

The DVD was AMAZING! It gives you a great insight into how he is as a designer and how he has lasted 45 years in the industry! He's a designer many fashion designers only dream of being, I loved the line "I love beauty" and that is what he manages to capture in every collection. Hands down my favourite designer so far in this series!

He talks about how he always wanted to be a fashion designer, there are glimpses of how manic things are when getting the models ready for the catwalk to making sure the garments are ready to be seen by the world. And how can I forget the partnership between Valentino Garavani and Giancario Giammetti, definitely a film you need to watch if your a lover of fashion! 


That is all from this week, next week I will be doing my favourite Valentino collections to finish Valentino February off.

Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed it then please leave a like!

Leave a comment, on your views about Mr Valentino so far.

You can check out the previous post here,

Valentino February #1 Mr Valentino himself

Valentino February #2 Iconic Career Moments

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to keep up to date with Valentino February then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :) 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS