Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

BAFTA's 2016 Red Carpet Dresses

February 17, 2016

my lovelies I hope you all are well. I know what everyone is thinking another post? Out of the blue? Well so many things are happening in the fashion industry from award shows to fashion weeks! It's hard to keep up being a fashion blogger. So I thought I start with the BAFTA's and work my way through. I may possibly do a Grammy's post and expect some NYFW (New York Fashion Week) ones by the end to start of next week.
On to all things BAFTA's.......
So I actually spent Valentine's evening watching the BAFTA's it was so good. And I was amazed 
with the dresses that rocked the Red carpet this year. I have selected my top 6.
Left to right
Annabelle Wallis, Olga Kurylenko and Cate Blanchett
Annabelle Wallis in Oscar De La Renta

Starting with Annabelle,  this dress is so beautiful. For those people who do not know Oscar De La Renta by name you will definitely remember the dress. From the vibrant shade of red to the chiffon/sheer styled ruffled high neckline and that slit gives the dress that extra edge! It's really beautiful and elegant yet fiery and sexy at the same time! Valentine's is not the same without someone wearing red!

Olga Kurylenko in Ralph & Russo 

Now moving onto to Olga her gown is from Ralph & Russo and they are amazing designers. Not only did they rock at Paris Couture Week, I am shocked that more celebrities didn't consider there gowns! Everyone knows I am a lover of lace and this lace work is amazing, white is such a lovely clean colour and really stands out on a red carpet! Lace and sheer are such a great pair and you can never go wrong when choosing such a dress.

Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen

Cate's dress is something you don't really see, but it's definitely a head turner because there is so much going on. This is the first time I am mentioning a Alexander McQueen dress and I have heard this designer is all about the statement and we can see that with the feathered skirt, it's WOW! Not only does the sequin embellished bodice make you stop to admire the dress, your eyes follow down the gown to that black feathered skirt!
Left to right
Alicia Vikander, Kate Winslet and Julianne Moore
Alicia Vikander in Louis Vitton

Alicia has great fashion sense, the reason I say that is she has made an appearance in another Red carpet short-list, I mentioned her dress she wore to the Golden Globes which you can check out below.  This Louis Vitton gown is so different and amazing, not only is it constructed from matte black leather. It has tinsel like lines running down the dress, this is the perfect glitzy LBD (Little Black Dress)!

Kate Winslet in Antonio Berardi

Kate's dress is a timeless dress, showing her beautiful curvaceous figure in this lovely black simple gown. The simplicity is enough, but its the little touches that makes it a mesmerising dress. It's the across the shoulder asymmetrical sleeve and the edgy neckline that makes this dress stand out! 

Julianne Moore in Giorgio Armani

Finishing with the amazing Julianne her gown brings something different to the red carpet and I love the monochrome look going on. With a slight extending train to the black shoulder straps being draped all the way down to the floor makes the dress look effortless, that's one way to rock a red carpet!
Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did then please leave a like!
Leave a comment on what you loved about the BAFTA's if you watched it.
Here are some other posts you may be interested in, 

National Television Awards 2016 - Worst & Best Dressed
Golden Globes 2016 Iconic Dresses
SS16 : Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab
Paris Couture Week 2016 - What You Need To Know
Paris Couture Week 2016 - Armani Prive and Stephanie Rolland

For more things fashion or style or if you would like me to do more posts like this then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :) 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS