Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Fashion History #5 Industrial Revolution

October 27, 2015


Hello my fashion historians and welcome back to the last fashion history of this series. I cannot believe five weeks have gone by so quick, it has been an emotional and rather interesting journey when looking at how far fashion has come. It feels good to look back and see what the famous and influential icons and designers did to spark off the great trends that have been transformed today.

Now to finish off we are going to the Industrial Revolution where we are going to see how the fashion industry really got the recognition it needed.

On to all things Industrial Revolution.....
The era where growth and evolution was at a peak, which impacted the fashion industry. I know you fellow historians are like how so?  I will tell you, technology and transport systems were being improved and this was great for fashion readers because they were able to dictate fashion information in many forms. From magazines to newspaper articles this was the start to share all the great ideas worldwide and that is how word got round.

Fashion magazines were on the rise when they started to produce hand coloured plates each month with different types of dresses on them. This is where the empire line dress which you can see above of the left came about. Inspired by the Greeks and the Romans, the dress had draped fabric, that was high at the waist and had short trains. The dress is very simple but showed great elegance.

So over the last couple of posts we have had fashion icons but this week we have a very influential fashion designer of this era. It is Mr Charles Worth he is recognised as "the father of haute couture" Let's talk about his creations, well on the right, is a tulle ballgown that he designed and created for Elizabeth of Bavaria, Empress of Austria. It is simply a beautiful piece, the soft blush tulle paired with the cascading flowers in her hair makes the look timeless.

Some of his great work involved frothy ball gowns as we have already seen, outfits combining taffeta, velvet and silk with intricate detailing. One of his famous gowns called Débutante's Ball dress was a satin gown with taffeta that was decorated with silk roses and petals!

We have now reached the end of the post. I really hope you enjoyed reading this series, if you did then be sure to give it a like.

What was your favourite moment while being a fashion historian in these posts? Leave a comment on your thoughts.

Even though this chunk of a series has come to an end there is plenty more history still left to discover and expect some posts in the near future on them. I have posted a sneak peak to what I am going to be doing next on my instagram ( @Fashtastic Flare ) so check it out :)

You can check out the previous posts here

Fashion History #1 Where It All Began


Fashion History #2 Medieval Era

Fashion History #3 Renaissance


Fashion History #4 From Baroque To Rococo

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to find out what my next series is going to be then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 

Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos every Saturday, so why don't you check out my previous videos and why not subscribe while you are there, I would really appreciate it :) 


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS