Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Prom Inspiration Ideas #2 Makeup Looks

July 10, 2016



Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are well. Firstly I want to explain that some of my originally planned posts might be posted at a later date. The reason for this is that there are some things going on in my life right now that has caused my focus to be shifted. This post was meant to go out on Friday but over the past week it has been hard for me and my family as we have lost a family member.  I will explain this further in the next Life Lately at the end of July.


On to all things Prom...


Well in the previous post I spoke about the outfits and what you could wear if you are unsure about what to wear. In this post I will be discussing makeup looks.


Now when I think of makeup i'm like whaaaaaaat?! I'm a person who doesn't wear much makeup and does not like to. I just wear the basics, but I currently experimenting with new lip colours and products. That's my obsession right now.


For Prom I think there are two types of looks you can go for like, 1) natural and light makeup or 2) bold and bright.


I think if you have a pastel or light coloured dress or outfit, I would go with light shimmer shades on the eyes and go with a light pink or nude shades on the lips.


If you fancy to be bright and bold then go for the smokey eye and a brighter pink or if you are really daring try red out. Find a shade you like and feel comfortable with it. 


Remember makeup should enhance your beauty and wear as much as you feel comfortable with. If you are a newbie to makeup then I would definitely go for the natural look as it is less bold and it's a safe option. You will not feel too shocked when you look at yourself in the mirror! 


I have selected three looks from some of my favourite YouTubers. These are their prom inspired looks, but they have great makeup tutorials so have a gander on their channels and see if you find some inspiration.


Here are the links to the Prom makeup tutorials from some of my favourite YouTuber's 
Tutorial | Glam Party/Prom Makeup Look | Kaushal Beauty
Cinderella Movie Inspired Makeup Tutorial For Prom! (Melanie Murphy)
PROM MAKEUP TUTORIAL // MyPaleSkin
I was always think you have to start somewhere to get inspiration for any event you are planning for.


Thank you for reading my post, I hope you found all the tips and advice helpful.


Check out the previous post here, 

Prom Inspiration Ideas #1 The Outfit


For more things fashion or style or to stay updated on future posts then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while you're there, I would really appreciate it :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS