Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Westwood June #2 Her First Collections

June 17, 2016




Hello my lovelies, I hope everyone is well. I know, I know my blog has been dormant for the past couples of days. You're probably like where is the designer of the month? and what about the prom series? The reason why I have been dormant is that I have been busy planning for tomorrow, and you're probably like tomorrow? what is tomorrow? Well I am going to an event and all will be revealed tomorrow, some of you might know already.  I really want to get my designer of the month post out today and prom will resume next week so yes!


On to all things Westwood June....


So last week I gave you an insight to her background and how she began to rise in her career. I talked about the collection that sparked interest around the fashion industry and started to see Vivienne as a designer no one thought she would be. 


Her second collection 'Savage' released in the Spring and Summer of 1982 which had themes of the 'Pirate' collection but she added Native American styles and patterns. What I admire about Vivienne is that she brings that little bit extra and an element of surprise with every collection. I bet the media would sit there and be like what is she going to showcase next!


The next more famous collection was in Autumn/Winter 1983 called 'Buffalo' which further explored the cultural cross-referencing and ethnic adaptations. She gathered the information from images showcasing women wearing bowler hats and fuller skirts, who were dancing with babies tied to her backs. This collection was shown at Olympia in London and made Vivienne Westwood the first British designer to show there since the Sixties.


In the Spring/Summer 1983 she launched a collection that was called 'Punkature' she wanted to experiment with the most basic of shapes like rectangles, squares, tubes etc. She wanted the collection to be centred around the relationship of the push and pull of the fabric against the body, which pushed the hobo idea to the limit. I think this collection showed great innovatory and really outlines what you can do with just fabric as she frayed, tied and teared it!



That is all from this week, I will be back with Westwood June #3 next week!


Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed it then please leave a like! 


Leave a comment on your thought of this month's designer so far?


You can check out the last post here,

Westwood June #1 Her Career Background

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to keep up to date with Westwood June then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while you're there, I would really appreciate it :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS