Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Oscars 2016 : Best Dressed & Leo winning an Oscar!

February 29, 2016



Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are well. Now we know the internet and social media exploded over the last 24 hours. Now if you live in the UK, the Oscars aired pretty late here I think it was after 11pm. But as I awakened the most awaited moment in Oscar history happened, Leo finally did it!

Before we go onto to Leo, let's talk about the celebrities who dazzled the red carpet, I have 8 people who I felt owned the red carpet. Some of them even picked an Oscar, Win Win! 

On to all thing Oscar worthy....




Alicia Vikander in Louis Vitton

Now Alicia seems to make a regular appearance in these red carpet posts, what can I say she never fails when it comes to fashion. I really like the colour of this Louis Vitton dress, it is really beautiful. A lot of fashion magazines talked about how she resembled the Disney princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast and I agree with them! Definitely a gown fit for a princess as well as picking up an Oscar. A moment she will never forget!


Brie Larson in Gucci 

Brie in this blue Gucci dress really wowed me. The dress is a vibrant colour that stands out, deep v neck not revealing too much. But for me it is all in the skirt, those ruffle frills gives the dress a element of drama as well as being elegant at the same time! The embellished belt really added to the dress and did not over power it at all.


Margot Robbie in Tom Ford

Margot in this Gold shimmer number really added to the Oscar feel of the night. I mean if the Oscar award needed a date then this dress would be perfect for it. The dress holds a sense of magicalness, I guess gold really makes a moment golden! ;)


Naomi Watts in Armani Prive

Naomi in Armani Prive really surprised me with this sequin gown. I see that sequin gowns will be a fashion trend that will appear often throughout 2016! This strapless gown is really lovely with this sort of ombre colour transition throughout the dress! The bottom half of the dress kind of reminds of a mermaids tail which I really like and, I feel that is what I was drawn to when picking this dress. 





Wow how have I already finished 4 dresses, here I move onto the next four. Don't click off just yet as I am saving the best till last!


Reese Witherspoon in Oscar De La Renta

I am so happy to have Reese Witherspoon here on my blog, not only is she one of my favourite actress's, but she is wearing an Oscar De La Renta dress,  who I absolute adore! This strapless gown is a lovely shade of purple and the ruffled neckline with the slight structure in the bodice is amazing!


Emily Blunt in Prada

Emily in this beautiful Prada dress just radiates her beauty. The colour is lovely and light, the embellishment is very subtle and gives you glimmers of sparkles whilst walking down the red carpet!


Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein

Now Saorise's dress is very similar to the one Selena Gomez wore to the Grammy's but that is not surprising since they are made from the same designer. I am telling you sequins have never looked so good and especially in this emerald green colour. The deep plunging V neckline and sheerness in the skirt is what makes this dress an outstanding dress!


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior

I have finally reached the last dress and it is the beautiful Jennifer in this lovely Dior gown. What I really like is the little details you can see pop out of the dress, the skirt has got lots of things going on! I love the little hints of lace to the layering of fabric of various lengths around the dress.





The most awaiting moment of this blog post! aha definitely the most awaited moment of  Leo's life. What can we say, we all wanted him to win an Oscar and when it happened he broke the internet. I have not only seen people showing so much support for him to win this award but the fact that the memes and videos are way to funny to go with it too!

After 6 nominations and 23 years of hard work, Leo shows how you should never give up on your dreams and this will be the most memorable moment not only of his career but for all those people who wanted him to win! Congratulations Leo, We knew you could do it!!!!!


Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed reading all about this year's Oscars, if you did then click that like button!

Leave a comment on the what you loved most about the Oscars?

Here are some other posts you may be interested in, 

National Television Awards 2016 - Worst & Best Dressed
Golden Globes 2016 Iconic Dresses
BAFTA's 2016 Red Carpet Dresses
Grammys 2016 : My Favourites

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to read the part two then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS