Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

NYFW Fall 2016 #1 : Starting with Two Designers

February 25, 2016

Hello my lovelies I hope you all are well. So I am going to aim to post this before it hits midnight in the UK, but looks like this might be unlikely. If I am successful actually finishing this post then you know I have hit that publish button and you have sat down to gander over the most awaited post. Also you have probably noticed that it says '#1' and you know what that means, Yes there will be a part 2 to NYFW! So make sure you stay tuned!
Enough rambling on to all things NYFW......
Now I have decided to talk about the first two designers that really rocked New York Fashion Week for me and they are Carolina Herrara and Tommy Hilfiger. They really rocked the catwalk for me and the pieces they showcased on the catwalk will give you all kinds of feels!
Carolina Herrara
Starting with Carolina Herrara, my first encounter with this designer was with her perfume 'Sexy 212' which I really liked in my teens, not so keen on it now. When I heard that she would be showcasing her new designs at NYFW I was rather intrigued and I thought I wonder what she will pull out the bag. Reason being I have had a glance at some of her previous collections and she stays with the pastel colours. 
So I short-listed four dresses I adored from the new collection. the purple dress is really hot and sexy, especially that revealing bodice! That deep V neckline, is similar to a corset style but with a twist. I LOVE the colour very bright and vibrant for the season and the skirt is really flowy and delicate! Not what I expected. 
Moving onto the second piece, there is something that draws me to it! Either it the colour of this refreshing pale mint skirt and the design of the skirt reminds me of wave like movements! What I am trying to say is it resembles ripples in the water, you know when rains drops onto a pond/lake! There is something peaceful about this piece! Amazing....
The third dress is a bit more structured and more fancy, from the spaghetti strap bodice to the full skirt with a slight train. I love the pretty flowers appliquéd onto the dress. Simple but very effective, the dress has a pearly shine to it which makes it that extra special. 
The last dress is fairly simple but the skirt reminds me of petals and the colour is beautiful. A lovely dress to wear. If there was a meadow full of flowers then this dress would be there giving its pearly shine which would capture great likeness against the clear blue sky!
Tommy Hilfiger
So Tommy Hilfiger is a designer I heard alot of when growing up! Very well known designer worldwide. This collection was really distinct for me. Let's talk about Mr Hilfiger, now looking at the the first and last dress, do you sense a sailor vibe! Don't you think it reminds you of the dresses from the sailor style, but these dresses have definitely been revamped to suit this era. I tell you no sailor dress has ever had leather incorporated into it and neither has it been sequin decorated! I really like the way this collection has been thought out, difference with a twist!
The second outfit is the blouse, which has the infinity loop detail which is just WOW. I love the peter pan collar that goes with it! I think Gigi looks outstanding in this outfit and who thought a blouse would go this great with retro styled shorts! She looked hot and rocked the NYFW for me!
One piece I really adored was the cape that you see in the third image. I just love the way it falls and I feel that it is exactly what we need for the fall season later this year. I am really intrigued whether any high streets will actually adapt and incorporated this style for the upcoming fall/winter season!
Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed it then please leave a like!
Leave a comment, On what you loved about NYFW. 
Also stay tuned for the part 2 to this post!
Here are some similar posts you may be interested in,
SS16 : Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab
Paris Couture Week 2016 - What You Need To Know
Paris Couture Week 2016 - Armani Prive and Stephanie Rolland

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to read the part two then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :) 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS