Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Dior December #3 Book&Film Review

December 16, 2015


Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are well. I know this post has is a day late, I can explain. The reason being, that I have been planning some Christmas posts as well as videos. So make sure you look out for them!!!

On to all things Dior December....

So if you followed Chanel November you would know I do a Book review, this is where I review the sources I have used to help me to know more about that particular designer of the month. So this month I read the Vogue on Christian Dior book as well as watching the Dior and I DVD.

Vogue on: Christian Dior (Vogue on Designers) - £14.95

My initial thoughts of this book was very good, it gave me the ground knowledge of what Christian Dior was all about. The critique I would give is that like the Chanel book it is not up to date, this book was published in 2012. The New Creative director Raf Simons who was appointed in 2012  was not in this book. But however a good read!

Dior and I [DVD] - £5.99

What can I say about this film, it was spectacular and mesmerising. I loved the journey I was taken on throughout that film. I feel Raf Simons' journey as a creative director to his first collection really gave us a real insight to the amount of people and hard work is needed in the fashion industry.
He really captured the essence of Dior by incorporated Dior's passion of flowers in the display of the catwalk! He even captured a little bit of himself by doing a piece which is inspired by one of his favourite artists' painting.
I think anyone who loves fashion or wants to go into this industry should watch this, to give them an insight of the industry. Also I hope Raf Simons makes a come back in the fashion industry again as we know he resigned from Dior in October this year!

Thank you reading my post, if enjoyed this post then please give it a like! 

Also what are your views on Christian Dior so far? 

You can check out the previous Dior December posts here,

Dior December #1 Who is Christian Dior?

Dior December #2 Dior's First Collection

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to  keep up to date with Dior December then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos every Saturday, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :) 


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS