Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Milan Fashion Week AW16 #1 - Dolce & Gabbana

May 19, 2016


Hello my lovelies, I hope you all are well. Now I know it's been a week since I last posted, but I trying to get back into the groove of blogging again. I was not very well hence why the post is late. But enough jibba jabba, let's get on with the post.

On to all things still fashion week.......

Now we have left London and flown to the lovely country of ice cream and pizza, yes you guessed right Italiaaa! The fashion capital in Italy is Milan, which you probably already know. This post will feature one of my favourite Italian designer's Dolce & Gabbana, I think what draws me most to there collections is their work with lace, but this collection will feature all sorts of fabrics and designs. 

Shall we scroll down to see my favourites from this collection....


Now sequins is what hit the magazines first and had everyone talking about it, as this was what was shown at the end of the catwalk. So you know I had to include a piece, it's trend that has been creeping in for a while but I think it has finally established itself as a garment people would wear!

The collars are where my eye is drawn to alot in this collection, as I feel they go well with these dresses. The embellishment and beading is outstanding and really make the outfit pop. I feel that these dresses each represent something unique and different, I love the versatility. Even though these dresses are for the Autumn and Winter collection, I feel they could easily be worn in the Spring and Summer as well! The designs are amazing and I could see myself in that houndstooth dress (on the right).


Now as I mentioned I love their lace dresses, so I had to include the ones that stood out for me. I never thought that lace and velvet would go together, but Dolce & Gabbana have combined these two fabrics very well. You do not look at the dress as a singular piece, instead you let your eye follow the dress around the whole garment, you appreciate the little details it holds.

The second dress is something I really adore and I never thought I would like something that is designed in such a clever way. The lace dress acts as a overlay which reveals the under garments, and I think it is very effective. The thing with lace is that you don't need to do anything extravagant with it, as it can look beautiful and effective from a simple design. And they did exactly that!

I really like that handbag paired with the outfit, as it added a vintage feel to the outfit and lace often carries that vibe with it!




As I come to the end of the post, I wanted to go out with their accessories, which is something you don't usually see me talk about. As I said with Dolce & Gabbana it's all about the small details and you can really admire this from there box clutches to their footwear. You can see how these accessories really bring outfits together, and they give off a magical and fairytale vibe. I really like the carriage inspired accessory paired with a Cinderella inspired shoe which is really magical. Also the watch box clutch really reminds me of something you would find in Alice in Wonderland! 

For me I admire the work Dolce & Gabbana do in designing and creating everything in their collection, they execute every piece very well and you are left speechless by the end result!


That is all for this post, I hope you enjoyed reading the post. 

If you did then please leave a like and why not leave a comment below on your favourite Dolce & Gabanna piece!

Here are some similar posts you may be interested in,
NYFW Fall 2016/17 #1 : Starting with Two Designers
NYFW Fall 2016/17 #2 : Marchesa & Oscar De La Renta
SS16 : Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab
Paris Couture Week 2016 - What You Need To Know
Paris Couture Week 2016 - Armani Prive and Stephanie Rolland
London Fashion Week AW16 - McQueen and Macdonald 

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to find out the next fashion week post then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 

Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS