Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Balenciaga January #4 Five Favourite Pieces

January 28, 2016



Hello my lovelies and welcome to the last Balenciaga January post, I hope you enjoyed the journey around Spain I took you upon and you were surprised at what he was like as a designer. I know this post is a tad late, but I am here and ready to put an end to Balenciaga January!

On to all things Balenciaga for the very last time....

Cristobal Balenciaga, Evening Ensemble, Fall/Winter 1963, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
So I am going through my favourite five pieces that Balenciaga designed. I will also leave a link down below on where I got these images from.

I really like this evening dress he designed, when you look at this piece you admire the embellishment alot. It's beautiful and to be a Fall/Winter dress is simply great, you think about all the parties that would be coming up for these ladies who picked this particular dress! It's an amazing dress for 1963.

Cristobal Balenciaga, Evening Dress, Fall/Winter, 1968, Palais Galliera, Paris

Now I really have a likeness for this baby pink coloured dress, there is something angelic about it. I feel that this dress was a great choice for the Fall/Winter because you can imagine how great this dress would look in the snowy weather! The petals and feather remind me of how they would freeze up in the cold weather, it's just a great style. It's astounding to believe this was created it 1968.


Cristobal Balenciaga, Evening Bolero, Fall/Winter 1946, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
So we go back in time to an early piece he designed. We know Balenciaga comes from a Spanish heritage, and this type of bolero had to be created at some point in his career. I love this Spanish bolero, from this piece you can see that it had a bit of Cristobal in it and truly reflects his Spanish culture. The lace appliqués and the tassels are great and the black and red colour contrast yells Spain to me!

Cristobal Balenciaga, Evening Dress, 1938, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
The simplicity of this dress is just breath taking, what's not to love about this dress! I think this type of dress could be revamped and make a comeback into fashion, but with a modern twist!



Now the last piece is this lovely dress worn by the supermodel Stephanie Seymour, from the colour to the style. Balenciaga sure knew how to get it right when it came to fashion!

Let's end this post with a quote.....


'A good couturier must be an architect in planning, a sculptor in form, a painter in colour, a musician in harmony and a philosopher in proportion'.
- Balenciaga  


Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed this month's designer then leave a like!

Leave a comment below on what you enjoyed most about Balenciaga January.

4 out of the 5 photo can be found via this website, also you check out a variety of other pieces he has designed. http://theredlist.com/wiki-2-23-1249-1255-view-1940s-profile-cristobal-balenciaga-3.html

You can check out the previous Balenciaga Posts here,

Balenciaga January #1 Balenciaga as a Designer

Balenciaga January #2 Fashion History of his Career

Balenciaga January #3 Book Reviews

For more things fashion or style or if you would like to find out next month's designer then follow my blog! :)

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos which I upload on the weekend, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while your there, I would really appreciate it :) 


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS